E26: The Future of European Football – The Ever-widening Gap, Competitive Imbalance, and the Super League Debate
In this episode, we have the pleasure of discussing the future of European football with Ilja Kaenzig, an experienced football executive and the current Managing Director of VfL Bochum. We dived into some of the most hotly-debated topics in the world of football, including:
- The ever-widening gap between the richest and the rest
- The Netflixation of Football
- UEFA’s permanent conflict of interests
- Is the Super League a super problem or a super solution?
- Why the American-sports model cannot be implemented in European football
- What will remain the same in football?
- Super League
- Future of Football